I developed an interest in Massage in 1999 and have been passionate about Yoga since the early 90s. Whilst travelling across Thailand in 2000 I stumbled across a traditional practice that combines both. The use of Yoga and Massage together hugely interested me and so I decided to study further. This led me to gain qualifications from two of the most prominent schools in Chiang Mai – the ITM and the Old Chiang Mai Medicine Hospital.
Keen to expand my knowledge even more, I chose to complement her traditional training with western skills by obtaining my Anatomy, Physiology & Massage Diploma with ITEC in 2002. Over the years, I've been exploring various other forms of Massage and obtained qualifications in Deep Tissue Massage, Pregnancy treatments and became a certified Thai Yoga Massage instructor.
I later took a deep interest in Fascia and the powerful benefits of releasing this connective tissue which envelopes our body and all its components. I completed my Advanced Myofascial Release Certificate in 2019.
In 2020 I graduated as an Advanced Clinical Massage Therapist ( ACMT L5 Qualification) at Jing Advanced Massage Training in Brighton. I use The Jing Method™ of Advanced Clinical Massage to get clients out of Chronic Pain.
I am on my second year of BTEC Level 6, the highest qualification level offered in the UK.
Combining my extensive knowledge of both eastern & western techniques I create unique treatments which are specifically tailored towards the needs of each individual client.
I am a Member of THAI & CHP. I continues to practice yoga and meditation to preserve my physical and mental wellbeing in addition to improving my concentrations and focus.
TRAINING & QUALIFICATIONS
I am dedicated to keeping up to date with the latest developments in soft tissue and remedial work and gaining my yearly 20 CPDs.
- BTEC Level 6 Professional Diploma in Advanced Clinical & Sports Massage Therapy – currently on Year 2 at Jing Advanced Massage Training, UK
- ACMT Level 5 Advanced Clinical Massage Therapy Certificate – Jing Advanced Massage Training, UK - 2020
- Advanced Myofascial Release Certificate- Jing Advanced Massage Training -2019
- Level 5 Traditional Thai Massage Teaching Certificate – ITM, Chiang Mai, Thailand - 2016
- Deep Tissue Massage Certificate – Accredited Massage Courses, London, UK - 2011
- Pregnancy Massage Certificate – Body Basic, London, UK - 2010
- ITEC Anatomy, Physiology & Massage Diploma, London, UK - 2002
- Level 4 Advanced Traditional Thai Massage Certificate – ITM, Chiang Mai, Thailand - 2001
- Level 1 Traditional Thai Massage Certificate – ITM, Chiang Mai, Thailand -2000
As a hairdresser I am on my feet for long hours with my arms raised in a similar position most of my day. Danila addresses my sore muscles and assesses for other tight or sore areas that I may not have brought to her attention during our regular treatments. I always leave her massage couch feeling relieved, relaxed and able to get a good night's sleep! I don't know what I would do without her!
Melissa - Hairdresser
Receiving a treatment from Danila is a deeply restoring and healing experience: whether you are looking for a relaxing massage to soothe tension and stress or have more specific needs, I cannot recommend her highly enough - you will leave feeling balanced, restored and relaxed. As a yoga teacher, I was definitely looking for a therapist that could understand the specific issues and needs that come from an intense dynamic yoga practice; and Danila has a special touch that can go very deep but with so much sensitivity and respect!
Robi - Yoga teacher
Danila is an outstanding massage therapist that puts care, attention and passion into every session. I have worked with her for the last two years and have made great progress with getting more in touch with my body and it's ever increasing movement and recovery.
Alexander - Producer